“We are not here to participate. We are not here to compete. We are here to WIN!”
By now the hash tag CISCOSP12 must be trending worldwide on Twitter. #CISCOPS12 represents the chatter surrounding Cisco’s Partner Summit (CPS), which is happening this week in San Diego, CA. For those not plugged into the annual gathering of Cisco partners, let’s get you up to speed!
Cisco Partner Summit is the exclusive, invite-only conference for Cisco partners to gather together and learn about the company’s strategy and technologies. The event is geared towards giving partners with the knowledge to lead the way in solving business problems for customers. Being a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, BCI is in attendance as well as attending virtually.
This year’s theme, “In it to Win it” sets the tone for the Opening Ceremonies where Keith Goodwin, Cisco SVP, Worldwide Partner Organization welcomed everyone and kicked off the first keynote. Shortly after, John Chambers, Cisco CEO, took the stage. Wow! If you ever have the chance (live or virtual) to listen to him speak, please do so– he is electric! John touched on several hot topics ranging from team quality to market transitions and differentiation.
Here are 5 takeaways from John Chambers’s keynote that we can use everyday in our professional and personal lives:
1) Educate – In the technology industry, rapid rates of change are normal. Keep yourself and your customers up to date with industry information, products and trends. Knowledge is power.
2) Inspire – Be the agent of change that ignites passion in others.
3) Listen – Recognize that knowledge and wisdom come from listening rather than talking. Intuitive listeners are interested in the message behind the story and the opportunity beyond the issue.
4) Share Success – Every effort begins energy and ideas and ends with action or results - usually coming from more than one person. Surround yourself with quality people and win together.
5) Have Fun – Often getting caught up in projects and deadlines, having fun is easy to forget. It’s important to remind ourselves that work does not have to be boring and solemn to be efficient.
Awesome Quotes from the Keynote:
“We are not here to participate We are not here to compete. We are here to WIN!”
- Keith Goodwin, Cisco SVP Worldwide Partner Organization
“Video will be the next voice.”
“Take the risk out of the customers’ hands.”
- John Chambers, Cisco CEO